Marble flooring is one of the popular stones to use in a home. When you are looking for a material to use on your floor, you are not only looking for durability, you are also concerned about how it will make your home look. These are only some of the things that marble floors can contribute to your house.
The truth is, there are so many flooring options out there. But before you go on to seek them out, here are the pros and cons of using marble stone for your floors.
Advantages of using marble floors
- The look. This type of stone is known for its exquisite design. The patterns that it can form on the floor. Admittedly, the more expensive the marble, the more beautiful the design. But even if you get the cheapest one, it is guaranteed to look elegant and beautiful.
- The durability. Obviously, you want your floor to be extremely durable. After all, you and your family will walk on it day in and day out. Thankfully, this one of the things that marble can give you. It can withstand heavy weights and can even be subjected to the natural elements.
- The appeal. Finally, you can count of marble flooring to give the appeal of your home a boost. Since it is durable, you can bet that the beauty of this stone will last for a long time. That means if you decide to sell your house in the future, you can be sure to get a good selling price out of it.
Disadvantages of using marble floors
- The cost. Marble is not the most expensive but thanks to the waste generated when marble tiles are being cut, it can be quite costly. This waste is what makes you spend more than what you should.
- The installation. It is hard to install marble flooring on your own. If you make a mistake, it might end up costing you more. This is why it is encouraged that this type of flooring is installed by a professional. Good news is, there are reliable companies who can work with your budget when it comes to installing stone tiles.
- The weight. A marble stone can be heavy. In case you plan to use it as your floor, make sure your foundation can handle the weight. Otherwise, you might encounter problems in the structure of your home.
- The maintenance. In order to make it last and look good for a long time, it needs constant maintenance and care. From polishing to sealing to regrouting, you need to make sure all these needs are met.
Consider all of these before you finalize your decision to use marble flooring. These advantages and disadvantages should help you make a smart decision about what type of floor you will choose. In the end, it is up to your personal preference if you want to use it or not.